Monday, January 18, 2010

Painting an Aluminum Ipod Case? Pics included.?

I have an old case for my 3rd Generation Apple iPod nano (';the fat one';) and was wondering what the best way to paint it would be. It is teal blue and I would like to paint it purple. Would spray paint work? Should I use a primer? What is the best way to go about doing this?





Here is a pic of the case I am talking about:


http://www.pcmicrostore.com/PartDetail.a鈥?/a>Painting an Aluminum Ipod Case? Pics included.?
I would not use spray paint unless you are really really careful as the paint can get into the cracks and then damage the thing. I am not sure.





Comes to mind Testors paints. The one that is used to paint model cars and stuff? Should adhere well enough to metal.Painting an Aluminum Ipod Case? Pics included.?
you can spray paint it, like you already suggested


u can also use acrylic paint because those are pretty permanent





:)
I'm a ';themed environment'; painter. We do special effects such as painting metal to look like wood, and wood to look like brick, and so on. First thing you need to do is scuff it with some sandpaper, something in the 200 grit. This provides adhesion for the paint. After that wipe it down and get all the dust off. A light coat of primer wouldn't hurt. Then spray paint (no brush marks that way!). Use something durable unless you want to spray a clear top coat over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment