Sunday, January 17, 2010

I have a 1950 Red Sox Aluminum Cigarette Case. Value?

I have a 1950 Red Sox Aluminum Cigarette Case. It would fit a Non-Filter box of Lucky Strike Cigarettes. It was my Grandfather's and he bought it at a Red Sox Game. It has the Red Sox Emblem on the front and all of the Home Games on the back. The Emblem and Home Games are done in Enamel. It is in Excellent to Mint condition and I keep it in a closed plastic container. I have not been able to find a value for it, as it is not listed in any memorabelia books. Rare item? I had it appraised in 1990 at $500, but it's 16 years later now. Thanks!I have a 1950 Red Sox Aluminum Cigarette Case. Value?
Contact a baseball card shop. They can help figure out it's worth or they'll tell you where to take it.I have a 1950 Red Sox Aluminum Cigarette Case. Value?
I wouldn't advise a baseball card shop. They'll give you a low estimate, then turn around and sell it for 3 or 4X what they paid you for it.





When you see that a baseball card is worth $100, you will almost never get more than $50 if you sell it to a card dealer. It's not that they are being dishonest, it's just tha nature of the business. Buy low, sell high and all that.





You're probably better off at an antique dealer rather than a sports card trader.

No comments:

Post a Comment